S. 510—The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
Ensuring the safety of our products is the food industry’s most important priority. GMA supports sensible legislative solutions that will strengthen the foundation of America’s food safety systems, which is why we are working for passage of S. 510—The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act. The bill will enhance public health and safety by: requiring all food brands and companies to develop a food safety plan; adopting a risk-based approach to inspection; improving the safety of imported food and food ingredients.
Read below for the latest GMA action in support of The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act.
Recent GMA Action
- Joint Food Industry and Consumer Group Ad urging Senate passage of S. 510
- Joint Food Industry and Consumer Group Letter to Senate Leadership Urging Senate Floor Consideration of S. 510
- Food Industry Letter to Senate Leadership Urging Senate Floor Consideration of S. 510
- Text of Manager’s Amendment to S.510
- Senators Durbin and Gregg introduce S. 510—the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act [Text] [Summary] [Section by Section]
- GMA Letter to Sen. Durbin supporting S. 510—the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Press Release: GMA Applauds Bipartisan Food Safety Proposal
- Food Safety Coalition Letter to Chairman Harkin and Ranking Member Enzi in support of HELP Committee action on S. 510
- GMA Statement in Response to Mark-Up of the ‘FDA Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009’ by the Senate HELP Committee
- Text of H.R. 2749, Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009
- GMA Letter to Chairman Waxman and Ranking Member Barton in support of House passage of H.R. 2749.
Past GMA Action
- GMA Transition Paper on Food Safety to President Obama
- GMA Sends Letter to Chairman Waxman on Food Safety Reforms
- Press Release: GMA Calls on Congress to Enact Food Safety Reforms